Big Lebowski Jello Shots
You have to be a certain kind of weird to make this recipe.
I can't quite picture who would want to make White Russian Jello Shots based on the cult classic film, The Big Lebowski. Other than, maybe, the Dude himself. But there could be some nihilists out there who share my passion for all things Dude. And... Jello.
The Big Lebowski's favorite drink is composed of Vodka, Kahlua and a splash of heavy cream.
Add a little Knox gelatin and you've got yourself a jello shot. (It really ties the drink together.)
The first step is to make a cream layer. Chill for an hour and then cut into shapes.
While the cream layer is chilling, make the liquor layer. Leave this mixture out of the fridge so that it cools but doesn't set. Once you've got your cream layer shapes, arrange them in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Pour the booze on top and chill for 3 hours. Then cut them into shot size cubes.
Then, like, enjoy man.
Big Lebowski Jell Shots
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/ 2cup water
- 1 envelope of Knox gelatin
- 1 1/2 envelopes of Knox unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup of Kahlúa Liqueur
- 1/2 cup of vodka
1. Pour the cream and water into a small saucepan and sprinkle an envelope of the gelatin on top. Allow the gelatin to soak for a minute or two. Heat over very low heat until gelatin is dissolved, stirring constantly.
2. Pour the cream mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan and chill for 1 hour.
3. While that chills, make the booze layer. Pour the coffee into a small saucepan and sprinkle with the gelatin. Allow the gelatin to soak for a minute or two. Heat over very low heat until gelatin is dissolved, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat and add the Kahlúa and vodka, stirring well to blend. Let this mixture sit out on the counter until the cream layer has chilled. This will allow it to cool but not set.
5. Once the cream layer has set, you can remove it from the pan. Clean and then grease the pan again. Cut the cream layer into shapes and then arrange them back in the pan.
6. Ladle the booze mixture carefully over the cream layer in pan. Return pan to the refrigerator and chill until fully set, several hours or overnight.
7. To serve, cut into shot sized cubes.