Low Carb Keto Cauliflower Tabbouleh Salad
Is there anything that cauliflower can't do?
Before I went on a low carb diet, I didn't have much use for it, but now I'm cuckoo for cauliflower.
You can use it as a substitute for any number of foods. I made a cauliflower pizza the other day, and then used the same dough to make a cauliflower tart. (Both delicious.) I've used it to make tortillas, alfredo sauce and even brownies. Yes. Cauliflower brownies.
So today's recipe shouldn't come as a surprise. It turns out that you can make tabbouleh salad out of this versatile veg.
All you need is a little faith in the power of cauliflower.
Cauliflower Tabbouleh Salad
- 2 cups raw cauliflower, riced
- 2 tablespoons shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice (one lemon)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Process the cauliflower until light and fluffy.
2. Combine all ingredients.
3. Refrigerate for 1 hour to blend the flavors
4. Serve cold or at room temperature.
PREP TIME: 15 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Serving Size 1/2 cup Calories 101 Total Fat 10g Protein 4g Net Carbs 5g