Coconut Berry Fat Bombs
So, fat bombs.
Terrible name. Wonderful idea.
Fat bombs are basically consolation prizes for low carb dieters. You have to give up so many foods on low carb/ high fat diets, that it's only fair that you get a treat every so often. Hence the fat bomb.
These little energy bites are made with coconut oil, coconut butter and berries. They are 2% protein, 7% carbs and 91% fat.
(Also, they are 100% delicious.)
Coconut Berry Fat Bomb
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup blackberries or raspberries
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent sweetener
1. Heat the coconut oil, coconut butter and berries in a medium small sauce pan on medium heat. Cook until completely melted and beginning to turn pink.
2. Transfer to a food processor and blend for a minute.
3. Add the lemon juice and sweetener and blend for another minute.
4. Add to a 3 cup tupperware container and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
5. Cut into squares
PREP TIME: 5 MIN COOK TIME: 5 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Servings: 24 Calories 75 Total Fat 8g Protein <1g Net Carbs <1g