Egg in the Clouds
Well what do you know?
Someone just came up with a new way to cook an egg.
It's called a "cloud egg" and it's the cutest thing. It looks just like the sun, peeking out from behind a cloud. You make it by separating an egg, whipping the whites and forming them into a little cloud. You bake the cloud for a few minutes, and then add in the yolk sun and bake it for a few minutes more.
For lunch today, I topped a simple salad with one of these new fangled cloud eggs. And I have to say, it was dynamite.
These are some A+ eggs.
1 large egg
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Separate the egg.
3Whip the egg white until it's firm.
4. Fold in one tablespoon of parmesan cheese.
5. Drop in a cloud shaped mound on a parchment covered cookie sheet.
6. Make a yolk sized indentation in the cloud.
7. Bake at 450 degrees for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add the yolk and bake for another 2-3 minutes.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 6 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Servings: 1 Calories 70 Total Fat 5g Protein 6g Carb 1g Fiber 0g Net Carbs 1g