Frank Oz's Recipe for Glop
I am a big fan of celebrity recipes.
So when I saw that Miss Piggy put out a celebrity cookbook, I was all over it.
It did not disappoint. It is a veritable Who's Who of late 80's New York City. It's got recipes from Brooke Shields, Robin Leach, John Travolta, Gene Shalit, and Ivana Trump, just to name a few. Miss Piggy rubbed shoulders with just about everybody.
There was one recipe that jumped out at me though.
It's Muppet creator, Frank Oz's recipe for Glop. Yes, Glop. I'd never heard of Glop, so I googled it. Turns out it's not a thing. He totally made it up. Glop is this relentlessly healthy dish made by blending steamed broccoli, zucchini and spinach. You top it with cheese and health food store seasoning, and call it Glop.
But you know what? Glop is actually really good!
Take it from moi.
Frank Oz's Glop
- 1 pound frozen spinach
- 1 pound frozen broccoli, chopped
- 4 zucchinis, chopped
- 3 tablespoons margarine, cut into pieces
- salt and pepper
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- spike vegetable seasoning (found in health food stores)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large covered pot, steam spinach, broccoli and zucchini in 1 cup water until done, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
3. In two batches, blend the vegetables in a food processor until mashed; add margarine and salt and pepper to taste. Put in a 6- to 8-cup casserole and sprinkle cheese on top.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese bubbles and browns. Sprinkle Spoke on top and serve.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 35 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 111 Fat 8g Protein 7g Carb 6g Fiber 2g Net Carbs 4g