Low Carb Keto Blueberry Bran Muffins
Why yes! I have had muffins on my mind. Thank you so much for asking.
When I decided to cut back on carbs, I thought that my muffin days were over.
Most muffins have between 30-70 grams of carbohydrate, so I figured that they were just a thing of the past.
I discovered this great muffin recipe on Sugar-Free Mom. It swaps out regular flour for a mix of almond and coconut flour and flax seed meal. So I based the batter in this blueberry muffin recipe on hers. The result tastes just like a bran muffin, but a bran muffin with only 4 net grams of carbohydrate.
So yes, you actually can have muffins on a low carb diet.
Isn't that bran-tastic?
Low Carb Blueberry Bran Muffins
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent sweetener
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup super fine almond flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/ 2teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Add your butter, Swerve, eggs, and vanilla extract to a blender and mix.
3. Mix the almond flour, flaxseed, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl and then add it to the blender and mix.
4. Slowly add the almond milk while blending. Turn off the blender and mix in the blueberries.
5. Prepare your muffin pan with oil or cupcake liners and fill the wells almost to the top with the batter.
6. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
PREP TIME: 15 MIN COOK TIME: 30 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Serving Size: 1 muffin Calories 172 Total Fat 14g Protein 5g Net Carbs 4g