Low Carb Keto Breaded Pork Chops Smothered in Gravy
Today we're going to make low carb breaded pork chops smothered in gravy, so I thought I'd start us off with a song from the Lucky Chops Marching Band.
It's a cover of Adele's "Hello" and it is wonderful. (below) I might have even teared up a bit. It's oddly moving.
These guys are local heroes in our old neighborhood in Brooklyn.
We used to live in Williamsburg, a.k.a. hipster heaven. I'm glad we moved, but I really miss the food. There was always a new restaurant opening up around the corner. It's just a great place to eat.
But home can be a wonderful place to eat too, if you've got the right recipe.
And these low carb breaded pork chops perfectly fit the bill. They are coated with a mixture of almond flour, coconut flour and parmesan cheese. And they are smothered in a creamy low carb pan gravy. The whole shebang clocks in at only 3g net carbs per chop.
Yep, these are definitely some lucky chops.
Low Carb Breaded Pork Chops Smothered in Gravy
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons super fine almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 oz cream cheese
- salt and pepper
1. Mix together coconut flour, almond flour and parmesan cheese in a large bowl.
2. Whisk together water and egg.
3. Dry off the pork chops. Dip a pork chop into the egg mixture and coat both sides. Dredge pork chop in the breading mixture and set aside on a plate. Repeat with the remaining pork chops.
4. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add pork chops to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until no pink remains in the middle or the internal temperature reads 145 degrees.
5. Remove from the pan to a plate. Tent with foil to keep them warm.
6. Heat the cream cheese in the microwave for 1 minute. Add cream cheese, cream and broth to the skillet and bring to a boil. Scrape up all of the brown bits on the bottom and sides of the pan. Whisk together the gravy until smooth and combined. Cook until desired thickness, 5-10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
7. Smother the pork chops in gravy and serve.
PREP TIME: 15 MIN COOK TIME: 20 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 524 Fat 34g Protein 48g Carbs 5g Fiber 2g Net Carbs 3g