Low Carb Keto Cauliflower Grilled Ham & Cheese
It's a rainy day, and I don't feel like "doing anything".
It's the perfect weather to snuggle up with the kids, eat comfort food and watch tv. I would like to submit the following suggestions: Cauliflower Grilled Ham & Cheese along with Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom (above).
It's just right for a lazy rainy day.
Low Carb Cauliflower Grilled Ham & Cheese
- 1 headof cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 pound of ham
- 4 thick slices of cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place cauliflower into food processor and pulse until crumbs about half the size of a grain of rice.
3. Place cauliflower into large microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes.
4. Stir cauliflower. Place back into the microwave and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove and stir again so that all the cauliflower cooks evenly. Place back into microwave and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Allow cauliflower to cool for a few minutes. Then add in egg and parmesan. Stir to combine until smooth paste forms. Divide dough into 4 equal parts and place on cookie sheet. Using your knuckles and fingers, shape into square bread slices about 1/2 inch thick. Bake cauliflower bread for about 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes.
6. Carefully slide cauliflower bread off of parchment paper. Make 2 cauliflower sandwiches by adding 2 slices of cheese and 1/4 lb of ham in between each pair of bread slices.
7. Place sandwiches back into the oven and broil for several 5 minutes until cheese is completely melted and bread is toasty.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 40 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 501 Total Fat 34g Protein 44g Carb 10g Fiber 5g Net Carbs 5g