Low Carb Keto Cauliflower Hummus
Cauliflower can do some killer impersonations.
It's the Ross Marquand of vegetables. (below)
So far I've used cauliflower in place of flour in pizza crust, as noodles in mac-n-cheese and as couscous in tabbouleh. So when I saw a recipe for cauliflower hummus, on I Breath I'm Hungry I jumped at the chance. Sign. Me. Up. (I am a bit of a raw garlic wimp though, so I've adjusted the garlic way down for this version of the recipe. So if you are a garlic lover, you should definitely check out the original recipe instead.)
Turns out that overcooked cauliflower is the perfect stand-in for chick peas. You cook it in the microwave until it's dried out and darkened a bit. Then you process it in a blender with lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and tahini. And just like that, you've got yourself an absolutely convincing imitation of hummus.
Low Carb Cauliflower Hummus
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons water
- 10 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- garnish with extra olive oil and a sprinkle of paprika
1. Microwave the cauliflower florets and water for 15 minutes on High.
2. Add to a blender along with the olive oil, salt, garlic cloves, tahini paste and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
3. Garnish with olive oil and paprika on top.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 15 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Serving Size: 1/2 cup Calories 273 Total Fat 27g Protein 3g Carbs 8g Fiber 3g Net Carbs 5g