Low Carb Keto Cauliflower Mac-N-Cheese
I know what you are thinking to yourself.
You're thinking that this is just a bowl of cauliflower with cheese sauce on top.
Well you know what? You're absolutely right. That is exactly what it is. But when you are on a low carb diet, you get to call it mac-n-cheese for some reason. I don't make the rules, buttercup. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The good news is that it's easy to make. All you need is cauliflower, cheddar cheese, butter and heavy cream.
And it's not unlike mac-n-cheese. I mean, you wouldn't mistake the two in the dark.
But under a certain kind of light... you can kind of see it.
Low Carb Cauliflower Mac-N-Cheese
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter. In a large bowl, toss together the cauliflower florets with the melted butter. Season with the salt and black pepper.
3. Arrange the cauliflower florets on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes until tender.
4. Heat the cheddar cheese, heavy cream and remaining tablespoon of butter, in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until the cheese mixture is melted and smooth.
5. Toss cauliflower with cheese sauce right before serving.
PREP TIME: 5 MIN COOK TIME: 25 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 330 Total Fat 30g Protein 11g Carb 8g Fiber 3g Net Carbs 5g