I’ve been debating back and forth, trying to decide whether to call this recipe a candy or a fat bomb.
Technically it’s both, but my heart is telling me to call it a chocolate candy. Because, much like the Cathy cartoon, chocolate is my life.
Or maybe I’m more like Liz Lemon impersonating the Cathy cartoon. (below)
You get the idea though. I like chocolate.
When I first switched to a low carb diet, I thought that my chocolate eating days were over.
But happily, there is a great low carb chocolate option out there. It’s a stevia sweetened dark chocolate made by Lilly. You can use it for today’s chocolate coconut candies recipe. I based my recipe on one that I found on the Keto blog All Day I Dream About Food.
To make these chocolate coconut candies, you start by making a coconut candy layer using coconut oil, coconut butter, shredded coconut and sweetener. Then add it to a candy mold or mini cupcake liner.
After the coconut layer has set, you melt the chocolate and add it to your candy mold. And you’re done.
Then it’s CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE!!
Low Carb Keto Chocolate Coconut Candies
These low carb chocolate coconut candies make a great fat bomb. And each one has less than 1g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 35
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 45 candies
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
- 6 oz Lilly’s dark chocolate chips or baking chocolate bar
1. Line a mini-muffin pan with 20 mini paper liners if using. If you’ve got candy molds, then use them instead.
2. Combine coconut butter and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until melted and smooth and then stir in shredded coconut and sweetener until combined.
3. Divide mixture among prepared mini muffin cups or candy molds and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
4. For the chocolate coating, microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds and then stir. Microwave for 30 more seconds and stir again. It should be completely melted, but if not, try one 30 seconds more.
5. Spoon the chocolate topping over chilled coconut candies and let set, about 15 minutes.
- Serving Size: 3 candies
- Calories: 176
- Fat: 18
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 2
Keywords: Low Carb Coconut Candy, Keto Coconut Candy, Sugar-Free Coconut Candy
You’ll need these specialty ingredients: