Low Carb Keto Coconut Cauliflower Rice
I'm just sitting here, eating cauliflower rice and catching up on the Winter Olympics. Figure skating is too stressful for me to watch live, because I hate to see skaters fall. Better to watch the next day after I know who's won.
So I'm watching the record-breaking routine from Aliona Savchenko and Bruno Massot. (below)
Boy, can these two ever skate!
They're so good.
Also good: this recipe for low carb coconut cauliflower rice.
This subtly flavored coconut cauliflower dish can go head to head with regular rice and come out the winner. It's a great substitution for white rice beside stir fry and curry recipes. And it's an easy way to cut back on carbs while you increase your veggies. So it's a win win.
Low Carb Coconut Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head of cauliflower, riced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 scallions, whites to light green parts sliced
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets and add to a food processor or high powered blender. Process until it is the consistency of rice.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add coconut oil and heat. Add cauliflower rice and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add in the coconut milk and shredded coconut and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste for doneness. If it's still too hard, then cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add in the sliced scallions.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 10 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 185 Fat 18g Protein 4g Carb 11g Fiber 4g Net Carbs 7g