Low Carb Keto Coleslaw
Have you ever seen Wallace & Gromit's Curse of the Were Rabbit? (below)
If not, then I heartily recommend it. It's hilarious.
It's all about this rabbit/werewolf that is eating everybody's vegetables. I was reminded of the film as I chopped the veg for this coleslaw recipe. (I like calling vegetables "veg" like the English do. It feels fancier.) I had all this leftover cabbage from my recent recipes for stuffed cabbage and chicken potstickers. But I find raw cabbage to be almost inedible. The only time you'll see me eat it is slathered in coleslaw dressing.
So here's a recipe to do just that.
(Don't worry, by the time you're done with it, it'll be delicious.)
Low Carb Coleslaw
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 1 medium sized red onion
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Slice the onion and cabbage very thinly with a knife or mandolin.
2. In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, sweetener, salt and pepper.
3. Mix in with the vegetables.
4. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Servings: 12 Calories 72 Total Fat 5g Protein 1g Carb 7g Fiber 2g Net Carbs 5g