How to Make Low Carb Cured Egg Yolks
Cured egg yolks are the coolest.
I've been using them in place of salt on just about everything. And they are very simple to make.
Low Carb Cured Egg Yolk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 cups salt
1. Cover the bottom of a plate with salt.
2. Make 4 indentations in the salt with the back of a spoon.
3. Add an egg yolk to each indentation.
4. Pile more salt on top of each yolk and refrigerate for 48 hours.
5. Remove the yolks from the salt.
6. Add to a baking rack and cook for 2 hours at 150 degrees F, or lowest possible heat.
7. To use, slice thinly or shred.
8. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.