Low Carb Keto Gingerbread Cookies
People are so weird.
I just watched a bunch of Youtube videos of people blowing up gingerbread houses (below). It is, I guess, a thing now. And I'll admit, it is oddly compelling.
I only mention it because I am about to share a gingerbread recipe, and I don't want anybody getting hurt.
Please, I beg you, use this recipe responsibly.
Low Carb Gingerbread Cookies
- 2 cups super fine almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon sground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Yacon Syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, and cinnamon until well blended.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter, sweetener, and egg with an electric mixer until well blended.
3. Add yacon syrup and vanilla and continue to mix until well blended.
4. Gradually stir in dry ingredients until blended and smooth.
5. Divide dough in half and wrap each half in plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
7. Place dough between 2 sheets of parchment or wax paper.
8. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thick. Cut out cookies with desired cutter. Space cookies 1 1/2-inches apart on the cookie sheet.
9. Bake 1 sheet at a time for 7-10 minutes.
10. Remove cookie sheet from oven and allow the cookies to stand until they are firm enough to move to a wire rack.
PREP TIME: 2 HRS 1O MIN COOK TIME: 10 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Serving Size: 2 cookies Calories 235 Fat 20g Protein 5g Carb 10g Fiber 5g Net Carbs 5g