Low Carb Keto Golden Turmeric Latte
I just took the most lovely afternoon break.
I made myself a low carb golden turmeric latte and watched archival footage of 1911 New York City. It was the perfect 15 minute escape.
This film was taken by a Swedish film crew who visited New York right at the end of the Edwardian period. (below)
Film footage from this time period usually looks like the world is sped up, but this film has been speed corrected, so the movement feels natural. And street sounds have been added in to make it feel more like real life. It's like you are really there, walking around more than 100 years in the past. Nothing much happens in the film, just normal city life, but I found it fascinating.
And the golden latte was simply delicious.
I based my recipe on a calming turmeric latte that I found on Wholeheartedly Laura. It's made from almond milk that is steeped in cinnamon, turmeric, sugar-free sweetener and freshly grated ginger. It's also got a pat of butter, because everything is better with butter.
Just ask the Edwardians. They'll tell you.
Low Carb Golden Turmeric Latte
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1-2 teaspoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1. Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
2. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Strain the latte through a sieve and then enjoy.
PREP TIME: 5 MIN COOK TIME: 7 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 103 Fat 10g Protein 2g Carb 3g Fiber 2g Net Carbs 1g