Low Carb Keto Hemp Seed Porridge
"Oliver, Oliver! Never before has a boy wanted more!"
I'm eating porridge and thinking about the famous scene from Oliver! where he says, "Please sir, I want some more." (above) It does not go well for little Oliver. Instead of giving him more porridge, they throw him into a hole with the cockroaches. Charles Dickens did not mess around.
Anyhoo, this porridge I'm eating sure is good.
This warm cereal is made from hulled hemp seeds and coconut flour. The consistency is closest to cream of wheat, I'd say. It's a nutty, seedy porridge that is suitable for low carb / ketogenic /grain free diets. And each serving has only 5g net carbs.
Please sir, I want some more!
Low Carb Hemp Seed Porridge
- 1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- a dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1. Mix all ingredients in a medium sized microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave on High for 6 minutes, stirring halfway through.
3. Mix again and serve.
PREP TIME: 5 MIN COOK TIME: 6 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 540 Fat 44g Protein 28g Carb 11g Fiber 6g Net Carbs 5g