Low Carb Keto Jello Cookies
To tell you the truth, Jello cookies are hella weird.
But in a good way. My husband described them as "like sugar cookies where the secret ingredient is rubber cement."
Actually the secret ingredient is Jello. Like I said, a bit weird. But chewy. So many low carb cookies are dry, brittle messes. But add a little Jello, and you've got a sturdy, chewy, fruity low carb delight. Each cookie has only 3g net carbs, so who even cares if it's weird?
To Jello! Cheers!
Low Carb Jello Cookies
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent sweetener
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (.3oz) envelope Sugar Free Jello, any flavor
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Paleo Flour
1. Soften cream cheese and butter. Beat together with sweetener, egg, vanilla and almond extract.
2. Mix in salt and one envelope of sugar‐free Jello.
3. Whisk baking powder into the Paleo flour. Add slowly to the wet mix a few tablespoons at a time. Blend well using a spatula to form a dough.
4. Shape the dough into a log and place into the fridge until firm, at least 1 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F, and cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
6. Cut the log into 16 rounds and place on the parchment covered cookie sheets. They won't flatten much as they cook, so you can fit 8 cookies per sheet.
7. Bake for 12-14 minutes until slightly browned at the edges.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool 3 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 15 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Serving Size: 1 cookie Calories 97 Total Fat 7g Protein 2g Carb 4g Fiber 1g Net Carbs 3g