Low Carb Keto Kale Crust Pizza Bites
You may have noticed that I am on a bit of a kale kick right now.
Which is weird because I don't really like kale. But I'm making a concerted effort to enjoy it. It's so good for me.
The encouragement from Ryan Gosling does help a little. So does slathering kale in cheese and tomato sauce. Which brings us to today's recipe.
I give you the Kale Crust Pizza Bite.
I based this recipe on a kale crust pizza dough I found on Sweet As Honey. You make it by mixing up kale, almond flour, mozzarella cheese and eggs in a blender or food processor. Once I had my dough, I whipped up a quick pizza sauce with tomato sauce, herbs and sugar-free sweetener. And voila, soon I had some healthy green little pizza bites.
And I'll be honest, kale crust pizza tastes exactly how you would imagine kale crust pizza would taste. It tastes relentlessly healthy. Just ridiculously healthy.
But if you are looking to get more kale into your diet, then these little pizza bites might just be the ticket.
Low Carb Kale Crust Pizza Bites
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3cupalmond flour
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Swerve or equivalent sweetener
- 1 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Clean and dry the kale very well. Remove the center stem and roughly chop the kale.
3. Add the kale, eggs, almond flour and one cup of mozzarella cheese to a food processor or high powered blender and blend until smooth.
4. Drop tablespoon sized portions of kale dough onto the cookie sheets. Press down and shape into mini crusts with your fingers. The crust should be about 1/4 inch thick.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until firm to the touch.
6. While the crusts are baking, made up the pizza sauce by adding the tomato sauce, sweetener, herbs and salt to a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat for 2 minutes until heated through.
7. Once the crusts are done, cover them with the sauce and the remaining mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake for 5-7 minutes until the cheese is nice and melty. Serve immediately.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 35 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Serving Size: 3 mini pizzas Calories 250 Total Fat 17g Protein 19g Carbs 10g Fiber 3g Net Carbs 7g