Low Carb Keto Lebanese Salad
Summer is right around the corner, and I've been trying to up my summer salad game.
So today I'm going to share my recipe for low carb Lebanese Salad, or Lebanese Salada. It's just the thing for a sunny summer day.
But first, a brief detour.
I found this great old clip from Sesame Street and I just have to share the cuteness. (below) If you were around in the 70's you will surely remember this. It's a little girl relentlessly trolling Kermit the Frog as he says his ABC's. After every few letters, she interjects, "Cookie Monster!" and ruins the whole thing. It's pretty adorable.
But let's set aside the cuteness for a minute and return to Lebanese Salad.
This low carb salad is a vibrant mix of colors and flavors. You've got tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, onions, scallions, parsley and mint in a garlicy lemon dressing. This salad really is the perfect thing to bring to a summer-
I was going to say, picnic. A nice summer picnic.
Low Carb Lebanese Salad
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 2 cups seedless cucumber, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 5 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Chop the tomatoes, cucumbers, scallions, onions, peppers, parsley and mint and mix together in a large sized bowl.
2. Add lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic to a blender and blend for 15 seconds until combined.
3. Add the dressing and toss the salad.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Serving size: 1 cup Calories 217 Total Fat 11g Protein 2g Carbs 10g Fiber 3g Net Carbs 7g