Low Carb Keto Lemon Cauliflower Rice
Hello and top of the day to you!
Today we're going to make lemon cauliflower rice.
This very simple recipe is a great substitute for regular old white rice. The lemon lends the cauliflower a nice bright citrus note. I've added in turmeric for flavor, and of course, it's distinctive yellow color.
To make this lemon cauliflower rice recipe you begin by ricing a cauliflower.
You season it with salt, pepper and turmeric. Then you cook it in olive oil in a large skillet until desired doneness, about 6-8 minutes. Remove it from the heat and add in lemon juice, lemon zest and fresh parsley. And you're done!
Now you've got a lovely lemony side dish. Cheers!
Low Carb Lemon Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head of cauliflower, riced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets and add to a food processor or high powered blender. Pulse until it is the consistency of rice.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cauliflower, salt, pepper and turmeric and cook to desired doneness, stirring occasionaly, 6-8 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and add in lemon juice, lemon zest and fresh parsley. Mix well to combine.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 10 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 71 Fat 4g Protein 3g Carb 9g Fiber 3g Net Carbs 6g