Low Carb Keto Lemon Lime Jello Bars
Hi ho! It's Sunday afternoon and I'm doing two of my favorite things: eating Jello and watching James Corden.
He just posted a new segment called "James Corden's Star Star Tours". (below)
It's a tour bus that takes celebrities on a tour of L.A. showing them how non-celebrities live.
And oh, the stars he got. Nearly the entire cast of Avengers: Infinity War showed up for the tour. At one point, Corden points out a coffee shop to them.
"Here, this is a Coffee Bean. It's a coffee shop. That is where, when you shout, 'Can someone get me a coffee!', someone will run down to a shop very much like this one. They will physically go in and wait in line and bring you back the coffee. That's where that happens."
The celebrities all nod and snap pictures. It's really funny. There's a great part where they stop by a comic book store and surprise some die hard fans. Well worth a watch.
Lemon bars though. Let's talk citrus.
These lemon lime bars are powered by the magic of Sugar Free Jello.
It has zero carbs and only 5 calories per serving, so I eat it all the time. The bars I made today combine Jello with cream cheese, sweetener and lemon and lime zest. The result is a tart and luscious dessert with only 86 calories and 1g carb per slice.
It's a dessert that is fit for a super hero.
Low Carb Lemon Lime Jello Bars
- 4 (.3 oz) boxes Sugar Free Lemon Jello
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 cups boiling water
- 6 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons lime zest, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
1. Set a kettle of water on to boil. Spray a 9 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Microwave cream cheese in a large microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes on High, to soften it up.
3. Dissolve Jello and sweetener in 3 cups boiling water.
4. Add to the large bowl with cream cheese and mix with an electric mixer until well combined.
5. Add in lime juice, 3/4 cup cold water and 2 tablespoons lime zest.
6. Pour the liquid into the pan. Use a spoon to scoop out any bubbles from the top.
7. Refrigerate for 3 hours until firm. Garnish the top with lemon and lime zest.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 5 MIN
CHILL TIME: 3 HRS
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 86 Fat 8g Protein 1g Carbs 1g Fiber 0g Net Carbs 1g