Low Carb Keto Parmesan Radish Bake
I've never been a fan of radishes.
They taste bitter and they make unsuspecting children cry. (below)
That poor kid.
Her parents let her think that she was about to eat a teeny tiny little apple, but it was all a cruel lie. After she spit the radish out, she seemed older, wiser, perhaps a little cynical. But still wearing a ridiculous turban. Those parents should be court marshaled.
But radishes. I have good news on that front.
If you roast them for a long time, they come out tasting like potatoes. Yes. I learned this technique from the Gnom-Gnom blog. I have a bit of a blog crush on this website. The author is a painter as well as a cook, so the images and design are amazing. And she came up with a way to rehabilitate radishes. No easy feat.
If only she had been there to save that poor baby!
Low Carb Parmesan Radish Bake
- 2 bunches radishes (about 20), trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoons thyme fresh or dried
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Add radishes to a small baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, thyme, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix to coat the radishes
3. Roast for 55-60 minutes, until golden and crisp, tossing them about half way through.
4. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and roast for 5 more minutes.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 50 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 86 Total Fat 8g Protein 2g Carbs 1g Fiber <1g Net Carbs 1g