Low Carb Keto Peach & Blueberry Jello Whips
Have you served a Jello-O Salad lately?
You really ought to.
Sugar-Free Jello is fruity, delicious and a zero carb food. The no carbs part is what I find particularly intriguing. You are feasting on nothing, basically. And it tastes so good.
This simple Jello and whipped cream salad recipe comes from the classic tome, The Joys of Jello. Or, more specifically, the updated New Joys of Jello, published in 1975.
The New Joys of Jell-O has a very swinging 70's vibe.
This photo of a swanky loft party certainly paints a picture. Time was, you could show up to a fancy soiree with a Jello salad in your hands. It was a classy thing to do.
These peach and blueberry Jello whips come from that bygone world. But they totally fit into the new low carb lifestyle as well. Because Sugar-Free Jello is a zero carb food, we can add in some whipped cream and berries and still have only 3g net carbs per serving.
I can definitely dig that.
Low Carb Peach & Blueberry Jello Whips
- 1 (.3 oz) box Sugar Free Peach Jello
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups ice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1. Set a kettle of water to boil.
2. Whip the cream with an electric mixer.
3. Dissolve the Jello in the boiling water.
4. Add the ice and stir constantly until the gelatine starts to thicken, 3-5 minutes. Remove any unmelted ice.
5. Add whipped cream, blending until smooth.
6. Mix in the blueberries.
7. Add to 4 small bowls or serving glasses.
8. Chill until set, about 1 hour. Garnish with more berries.
PREP TIME: 5 MIN COOK TIME: 5 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Servings: 4 Calories 222 Total Fat 22g Protein 1g Carbs 4g Fiber 1g Net Carbs 3g