Low Carb Keto Peanut Butter Cups
I am really looking forward to eating the candy I just made.
Because, as you may know, I am quite a fan of:
So I can't wait to eat these low carb chocolate peanut butter cups.
I have to admit, I've never thought of myself as much of a candy maker.
These were persnickety people who messed about with chocolate molds and double boilers and fancy candy thermometers. But it turns out that chocolate peanut butter cups are very easy to make at home. And they are easy to make low carb, too. All you need are mini cupcake liners for the molds, plus unsweetened baker's chocolate, powdered sugar free sweetener, coconut oil and peanut butter. You melt the ingredients together and layer them and before you know it, you're done.
Now you can stuff your face with guilt free low carb CHOCOLATE!
Low Carb Peanut Butter Cups
- 6 oz unsweetened baker's chocolate
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
- 3/4 cup sugar free peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1. Add 12 mini muffin liners to a muffin pan.
2. Add chocolate and 2 tablespoons coconut oil to a small sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, mixing in between, until melted and fully combined, 2-3 minutes. Mix in 1/2 cup powdered sweetener until smooth. Test for sweetness and add more sweetener if desired.
3. Add 1/2 tablespoon of chocolate to each mini cupcake liner.
4. Chill in the freezer until hardened, 15 minutes.
5. Add the peanut butter to a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30-60 seconds until melted. Mix in 2 tablespoons powdered sweetener.
6. Add 1 tablespoon of peanut butter to each mini cupcake liner.
7. Chill in the freezer until hardened, 15 minutes.
8. Add 1/2 tablespoon chocolate on top of each peanut butter cup. If necessary, microwave in 30 second increments to melt the chocolate again. Don't make it too hot though, or it will melt the peanut butter layer.
9. Chill in the freezer for 1 hour, until fully hardened.
10. Store in the freezer. Good for 6 months.
PREP TIME: 15 MIN COOK TIME: 3 MINS
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 270 Fat 23g Protein 8g Carb 8g Fiber 6g Net Carbs 2g