Low Carb Keto Pork Rind Quesadillas
I think I should begin this post by managing expectations.
We're going to be making tortillas out of pork rinds today, but they will not taste or feel like any tortilla you've ever eaten. If you are looking for a low carb tortilla, then it's easy enough to find one at the store. Please do not expect that kind of tortilla. You will be gravely disappointed.
The recipe that I am about to share is based on a tortilla recipe that I found on Sparkpeople. They call it a tortilla, but it's really more of a low carb pancake. It's made using eggs, cream cheese and ground up pork rinds. My recipe uses these low carb tortillas to make quesadillas. The end result is pretty damn good, I have to admit. What is that old line?
You might not get what you want, but when you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need.
Low Carb Pork Rind Quesadilla
- 4 oz pork rinds
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 8 oz cream cheese (1 package)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
1. Add the pork rinds to a blender or food processor and blend them into a powder.
2. Add the eggs, water and cream cheese to the blender and blend until the batter is fully combined.
3. Spray a large frying pan or griddle with cooking spray and heat to medium high.
4. Pour 1/3 cup batter onto into the hot pan and spread the mixture out with the bottom of the measuring cup to create a thin tortilla.
5. Cook for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. You should be able to make 12 tortillas.
6. Flip tortilla and continue to cook for about 45 more seconds.
7. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
8. Take two tortillas and add back to the pan with a 1/4 cup shredded cheese between them. Cook for a couple minutes on each side until the cheese melts.
9. Serve immediately.
PREP TIME: 5 MIN COOK TIME: 15 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Servings: 6 Calories 415 Total Fat 32g Protein 28g Carbs 3g Fiber 0g Net Carbs 3g