Low Carb Keto Raspberry Vodka
Today we're going to make raspberry infused vodka.
But first, I'd like to take a moment to appreciate the Rat Pack's coolest member, Sammy Davis Jr. He appeared in this wild Japanese ad for Suntory Whisky in 1974. (below) It's just this extended ad lib of him skatting while he makes himself a drink. I've never seen anything quite like it.
Let's hope that today's recipe has the same cool vibe.
All you need to do to make raspberry infused vodka is mix raspberries with booze and wait for a few days. That's the whole shabang. It's a whole lot of flavor for a zero carb drink. Add in some soda water and sweetener and you've got yourself a low carb cocktail.
But whether you are on a low carb diet or not, this recipe makes for a wonderful holiday gift. Just pick up some glass jars, print out a few labels and suddenly you've got yourself a thoughtful homemade gift. (Here's a link to printable labels.) So let's raise a glass.
May your holiday be swingin'. Cheers!
Low Carb Raspberry Vodka
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 cups 80-proof vodka
1. Mix berries and vodka in a glass canning jar.
2. Muddle the berries to break them up a bit.
3. Seal the jar tightly and put it somewhere out of direct sunlight.
4. Infuse for 3 to 5 days. Shake the jar of fruit and vodka daily. Taste after 3 days to see if it's to your liking. If it isn't strong enough, then infuse for another day or two.
5. Using a cheesecloth lined sieve, strain the vodka and discard the berries.
6. Pour the vodka into clean glass bottles. A small funnel helps with this step. Seal the bottles.
7. Store the vodka out of direct sunlight. It will keep indefinitely.
PREP TIME: 5 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Serving Size: 2 oz Calories 128 Fat 0g Protein 0g Carbs 0g Fiber 0g Net Carbs 0g