Low Carb Keto Scalloped Daikon Radishes
Let me introduce you to my new friend, the Daikon radish.
This obscure little tuber can really come in handy if you have a hankering for scalloped potatoes. Potatoes are off limits on a low carb diet, but these radishes make for a very convincing stand in.
To make this recipe for faux scalloped potatoes, you start by thinly slicing two radishes. Then boil them for 15 minutes in salted water.
Meanwhile, saute one cup of sliced shallots in a stick of butter until translucent.
Now layer your ingredients in a buttered 8 x 8 baking dish. Radishes, shallots, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and thyme, repeat.
Once you've got your layers, pour a cup of heavy cream on top. Bake it for 50 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
And voila, you've got a perfect imitation of scalloped potatoes.
All thanks to your new friend, the Daikon radish.
Low Carb Scalloped Daikon Rashes
- 2 medium (10" long, 3" wide) daikon radishes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 cup sliced shallots
- 1/2 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
2. Slice the daikon radishes thinly and boil for 15 minutes until soft.
3. Meanwhile, saute the sliced shallots in one stick of butter until translucent.
4. Layer the ingredients in the pan: Daikon radishes, shallots and butter, and sprinkles of parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and thyme. Repeat until you've used all the ingredients.
5. Pour the heavy cream on top.
6. Bake for 50 minutes.
PREP TIME: 20 MIN COOK TIME: 1 HR 5 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 310 Total Fat 31g Net Carbs 5g Protein 3g