Low Carb Keto Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
I've come here today to give a eulogy for canned cranberry sauce.
Or as Zoolander might put it, a eugoogley. (below)
Once you make your own sugar free cranberry sauce, you will never go back to those sugary can shaped monstrosities that pass themselves off as cranberry sauce. They could never compete with the recipe I'm about to share. It's got four ingredients, comes together in 10 minutes, and tastes divine.
Oranges are frowned upon in low carb circles, but we've got an orange cheat for this recipe.
We'll use orange zest to give the sauce a lovely citrus note, but without any extra carbs. This is a recipe that can totally pass for normal cranberry sauce. Bring it to Thanksgiving and no one will be the wiser.
So RIP Canned Cranberry Sauce. We barely knew ye.
Low Carb Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
- 1 (12 oz) bag of cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener plus
- 2 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 3 teaspoons orange zest
1. Mix all the ingredients in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium high heat until it boils.
2. Lower the heat to medium and cook for 8-10 minutes until the cranberries pop and the sauce thickens. Check for sweetness and add more sweetener if necessary.
3. Sprinkle some extra orange zest on top and serve.
PREP TIME: 5 MIN COOK TIME: 10 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Serving Size: 1/4 cup Calories 9 Fat <1g Protein <1g Carbs 2g Fiber 1g Net Carbs 1g