Low Carb Keto Zucchini Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze
Do you know the muffin man, the muffin man, the muffin man?
I certainly do know the muffin man. I've been singing his ridiculous song all morning, as I baked these muffins. (below)
These little beauties turned out really well though, if I do say.
Low Carb Zucchini Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup zucchini, grated
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup Powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line a cupcake tray with 12 foil liners.
2. Grate the zucchini and put it in a colander in the sink to drain.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and granulated sweetener, until fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
5. Beat in the almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
6. Use your hands and then paper towels to push as much liquid out of the zucchini as possible. Fold the zucchini into the batter.
7. Clean the blueberries and pat them dry. Sprinkle the arrowroot powder over the berries and mix to coat them. Fold the blueberries into the batter.
8. Add the batter to the cupcake pan, filling the wells up all the way. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely in the pan.
9. To make the glaze, run the sweetener through a blender to make it powdered (or use confectioner's swerve). Whisk together the lemon juice and powdered sweetener. Drizzle the glaze over the muffins.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 40 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Servings: 154 Fat 14g Protein 4g Carb 6g Fiber 2g Net Carbs 4g