Rainbow Jello Cake
It's 9am and I just finished off a big slice of Rainbow Jello Cake while watching the Electric Light Orchestra.
It's a bit early for ELO and Jello, but the heart wants what it wants. (Below)
There is actually no cake in this Jello cake. It's just five layers of Sugar-Free Jello whipped with cream cheese. But it is waaaaaay better than cake if you are on a low carb diet, like I am. A piece of regular layer cake has about 60 grams of carbohydrate per slice, but this Jello cake has a measly 4 grams. That's chump change.
I think I might have gone a bit rainbow crazy on this cake though.
You might want to stick with just two or three different flavors of Jello. Just berries, say. Or three raspberry and two lemon layers. That would be delicious.
I'd eat that for breakfast any day of the week.
Rainbow Jello Cake
10 (3oz) boxes Sugar Free Jello (2 boxes per layer)
15 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 tub of whipped topping (4 oz)
1. Smoothly line the sides of a 9" or 10" springform pan with wax paper. Cut the wax paper to extend 3 inches above the edge of the pan.
2. Choose the flavor of your bottom layer. Dissolve the 2 envelopes of Jello into 1 1/2 cups boiling water in a medium sized bowl.
3. Blend in 3 oz of softened cream cheese until smooth.
4. Fill a one cup measure with ice cubes. Add cold water to fill the rest of the cup. Add the ice water to the bowl and mix until dissolved.
5. Add the Jello mixture to the springform pan and chill until set but not firm. About 30 minutes.
6. Repeat these steps with each layer until you've used up all the Jello. Chill 4 hours or overnight.
7. Unhinge the springform sides and remove. Carefully peel off the wax paper.
8. Frost using about 4 oz of whipped topping, or whipped cream. Cut and serve.
PREP TIME: 25 MIN COOK TIME: 10 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 182 Fat 14g Net Carbs 4g Protein 6g