Low Carb Keto Thumbprint Cookies
Consider the Thumbprint Cookie.
This little guy shows up on cookie platters all the time, but what do we really know about him?
It might not have the polish of a Linzer Tart, but it can be just as delicious. Maybe it lacks the panache of an eclair, but do we really need a dessert with panache? I say no. Let's give the little guy a chance. Just this once.
This version of the Thumbprint Cookie has the flavors of a Linzer Tart, but less than 2 net carbs per cookie. How? With a little low carb ingenuity, that's how. You're going to need to make your own filling out of rhubarb and raspberries. It'll be worth it though.
Low Carb Thumbprint Cookies
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 10 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup berry jam recipe http://www.resolutioneats.com/blog/low-carb-jello-jelly-jam
1. Set the oven to 350 degrees F. Cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flours, salt and sweetener.
3. Beat the butter and cream cheese together until light and creamy (2-3 minutes).
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the dough.
5. Form a large ball with the dough. Scoop out 1 inch balls for the cookies.
6. Stick your thumb right into the middle of each one, leaving a good sized indentation.
7. Fill the holes with berry jam filling, or other sugar-free jam.
8. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes and then move over to a cooling rack.
PREP TIME: 15 MIN COOK TIME: 15 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 36 cookies Serving Size: 3 cookies Calories 332 Fat 44g Protein 3g Net Carbs 7g