I made a breakfast sandwich this morning that blew my mind a little bit.
That’s because it was made with low carb bread that only took 90 seconds to cook in the microwave.
Yep, right now you are mere minutes away from low carb bread. Mere. Minutes.
The recipe is based on a 90 second bread that I found on Mama Bear’s Cookbook. I used the bread to make a breakfast sandwich that took me less than 10 minutes from start to finish. I cooked up the bread in the microwave and then fried it in butter on the stove. Then I fried up an egg and added some ham and cheese. And voilà, I had a delicious low carb breakfast sammy in no time flat.
10 Minute Low Carb Breakfast Sandwich
This 10 minute low carb breakfast sandwich will blow your mind.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 sandwich 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
3 tablespoons super fine almond flour
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt
2 eggs, divided
1 tablespoon butter, divided
1 slice cheddar cheese
1 slice ham
1. Spray a 4 inch custard dish with cooking spray.
2. Mix together almond flour, parmesan cheese, coconut oil, baking powder, salt and 1 egg in a small bowl.
3. Add to the custard dish. Stir to make sure there are no pockets of air in the bottom.
4. Microwave for 90 seconds. Remove bread from the dish and allow to cool for 2 minutes. Cut in half.
5. Heat 1/2 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over Medium High heat. Fry the bread slices front and back, 2 minutes.
6. Add 1/2 tablespoon butter to the pan and heat over Medium heat. Fry the remaining egg as desired.
7. Stack the sandwich with cheese, ham and egg.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 660
- Fat: 58
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 32
Keywords: Low Carb Breakfast Sandwich, Keto Breakfast Sandwich, Quick Breakfast Sandwich
If you liked this breakfast recipe, then you might like my recipes for Granola, Cloud Bread French Toast, and Waffles.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.