These low carb and Keto Arancini, or Italian Rice Fritters are total cheesy goodness. And each fritter has just 4g net carbs.
3 cups cauliflower rice*
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
I teaspoon Italian Seasoning
2 tablespoons (1 oz) cream cheese
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup super fine almond flour
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
olive oil cooking spray**
Rao’s Marinara or equivalent sugar-free tomato sauce
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F and cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over Medium High heat. Add cauliflower rice to the pan and let it cook for 2 minutes without stirring it.
3. Add in salt, pepper and Italian Seasoning and cook for another 4-5 minutes , stirring once every minute, until the cauliflower begins to soften and brown.
4. Add cream cheese to a large microwave safe bowl and microwave until melted, 30-60 seconds.
5. Mix cauliflower, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses into the cream cheese and stir well to combine. Allow to cool for a couple minutes until you are able to handle it. Then mix in egg yolks and stir well to combine.
6. Mix together breading almond flour, parmesan and paprika in a shallow bowl or plate.
7. Spray a 1/4 cup measuring cup with cooking spray. Pack the cauliflower mixture into the measuring cup and then remove the mixture by tapping the measuring cup against your hand. Roll the mixture into balls with your hands.
8. Roll the balls in breading and place them on the prepared cookie sheet. Spray them liberally with cooking spray.**
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes until nicely browned.
10. Allow to cool on the pan for 10 minutes and then serve with heated marinara sauce.
*It’s easiest to buy riced cauliflower, but you can also make it yourself by either grating a head of cauliflower or processing it in a food processor until it is the consistency of rice.
**You can use regular cooking spray for this, but I like to use a special spray bottle filled with olive oil. I’ll link to the bottle I use after the recipe.
Nutritional info below is for just the fritters. You’ll need to check your marinara sauce labels for that info.
Keywords: Low Carb Arancini, Keto Arancini, Low Carb Rice Fritters, Keto Rice Fritters