This recipe for low carb and Keto beef and spinach lasagna uses psyllium husk noodles in place of high carb lasagna noodles. That means that each serving has just 8g net carbs.
10 oz cream cheese
1 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
5 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
1 pound fresh spinach, washed
1 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese, divided
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup onions, minced
1 1/4 pound ground beef
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F, and set a large pot of water to boil on the stove. Spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Cover 2 large 11 x 16 inch cookie sheets with silpat silicone mats or parchment paper.
2. Add eggs and cream cheese to a blender and blend until smooth. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and psyllium husk powder and blend for 1 minute.
3. Add half of the mixture to one cookie sheet and half to the other. Working quickly, spread the batter from edge to edge on each cookie sheet. Cover both cookie sheets with pieces of parchment paper and use a rolling pin to smooth out the batter more. Leave the layers of parchment paper over the cookie sheets as they bake.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes in the 300 degree F oven, until firm to the touch.
5. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes and then carefully remove the top layer of parchment paper. Cut into 2 1/2 x 11 inch noodles.
6. Boil spinach in a large pot for 2 minutes.
7. Drain spinach in a colander and press as much water out of the spinach as you can. Chop it up.
8. Mix together spinach, ricotta and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese in a medium sized bowl.
9. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over Medium High heat. Add garlic and onions and saute for 2 minutes. Add ground beef and saute until completely browned, 5-8 min.
10. Add tomato paste, water, cream, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, pepper and Italian seasoning to the pan and cook for 1 minute more. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
11. Layer your ingredients in the casserole dish. The layers should go: 4 noodles, 1/2 of the beef mixture, 1/2 of the ricotta mixture, 1/3 of the mozzarella, 4 noodles, remaining beef mixture, remaining ricotta mixture, 1/3 of the mozzarella , 4 noodles, remaining mozzarella, remaining parmesan cheese.
12. Bake in 400 degree F oven for 17-20 minutes or until nicely browned on top.
I kept this recipe relatively dry to cut back on carbs, but if you like a saucier lasagna, then you can replace the tomato paste, Italian seasoning, water and cream with 3 cups sugar-free marinara sauce. That changes the nutritional info to:
Calories: 587 Fat: 43g Carbs: 12g Fiber: 2g Protein: 40g
Keywords: Low Carb Lasagna, Keto Lasagna, Low Carb Beef Spinach Lasagna, Keto Beef Spinach Lasagna