I just found the best low carb tortilla recipe. I’m flipping out a little bit.
I’m flipping out because low carb tortillas are usually so abysmal.
I’ve tried low carb recipes that claimed to be tortillas, but were just glorified pancakes. Well, to heck with them!
Now I’ve got something good.
My new go-to tortilla recipe is from the celebrated gnom-gnom blog. She came up with a way to make pliable low carb tortillas. They are so tasty. Her recipe uses almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, apple cider vinegar, water and a single egg. Put them all together and fry them very briefly and you’ve got yourself the perfect low carb tortilla. Viva la tortilla!
(And here’s a recipe for low carb beef fajitas to eat them with!)
Keto Beef Fajitas on Low Carb Tortillas
This recipe for fajitas uses gnom-gnom blog’s great tortillas. And each fajita has just 3g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Mexican
- gnom-gnom tortillas
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 pound skirt steak, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium yellow pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
1. Mix the spices, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of oil together in a plastic bag. Add the beef and marinate for 1-4 hours.
2. Mix up the dough for the tortillas and then let the dough rest in the refrigerator until you are ready to fry them up.
3. Add the remaining oil to a large frying pan. Saute peppers and onions in remaining oil over high heat until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Remove to a platter.
4. Add the beef to the pan in 2 batches. Saute until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add the cooked beef to the platter.
5. Wipe down the pan and use it to fry up the tortillas, based on the tortilla recipe instructions.
6. Add the beef, peppers and onions back into the pan and heat until warm. Serve on the tortillas.
Nutritional Info is just for the meat and veggies.
- Calories: 438
- Fat: 32
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 31
Keywords: Low Carb Beef Fajitas, Keto Beef Fajitas, Paleo Beef Fajitas
If you liked this Mexican recipe, then you might like my recipes for Beef Tamales, Chicken Enchilada Casserole or Cabbage Wrapped Enchiladas.