This recipe for low carb and Keto sausage and vegetable breakfast casserole is an easy dish that tastes great whether you eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And each serving has just 4g net carbs.
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 pound breakfast sausage
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
5 scallions, sliced
16 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained of excess liquid
2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
12 eggs, beaten
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over Medium High heat. Brown sausage, 4-5 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms to the pan and saute for 5 minutes until softened.
4. Add tomatoes, scallions, spinach and parsley to the pan and saute for 2 minutes more.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and mix in cheddar cheese.
6. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and spread it out so that it covers the entire bottom of the casserole dish.
7. Pour beaten eggs on top and gently tilt the casserole dish until the eggs are equally distributed.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes until eggs are solid and cooked through.
Keywords: Low Carb Breakfast Casserole, Keto Breakfast Casserole, Paleo Breakfast Casserole