Greetings cereal searchers.
Magic Spoon makes real low carb cereal, REAL CEREAL, I tell you!
It’s just as sweet and crispy as any normal high carb cereal, but this one has just 3g net carbs per bowl. According to the box, it is a “High-Protein, Keto-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Soy-Free, Wheat-Free, Nothing Artificial, Childlike Cereal for Grown-Ups”. So I came up with a recipe to harness the mighty power of this low carb cereal.
I give you… a low carb cereal bar.
To make these cereal bars, you’ll need Magic Spoon cereal, almond butter, coconut butter and egg whites.
You start by pre-heating the oven to 375 degrees F and lining an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Crisscross two pieces so that you can lift up the bars later.
Add 2 TB almond butter and 1 TB coconut butter to a small bowl and microwave for 30 secs. Then mix it up until it’s smooth.
Add 2 egg whites to a large bowl. Whisk in almond butter mixture.
Combine the wet ingredients and 4 cups cereal.
Pour the mixture into the baking dish and bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are just beginning to brown.
Put the pan into the freezer for 10 minutes so it can cool and set up. Remove from pan and cut into halves and then into eighths.
And before you know it, you’ll be done. In 20 minutes, you’ll have made enough snack bars to last you all week. (Unless, like me, you eat them for lunch and dinner. No judgement!)
These bars truly are delicious.
But you should know that they are soft bars, even though you might expect them to stay crispy. The binding liquid softens them up so they are more like chewy granola bars than like classic high sugar cereal and marshmallow bars. But these bars blow the sugary bars right out of the water. They are real protein packed cereal snacks with just 2g net carbs each.
If that’s not magic, then I don’t know what is.
Real Low Carb Cereal Bars
This recipe for real Low Carb Cereal Bars uses Magic Spoon cereal as its base. It’s like a soft granola bar, but a bar that only has 2g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 11
- Total Time: 21 minutes
- Yield: 8 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
2 tablespoons sugar-free almond butter
1 tablespoon coconut butter
2 large egg whites
4 cups Magic Spoon Cereal in Frosted, Cocoa or Cinnamon flavors
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and line an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 inch pan with parchment paper. Crisscross two pieces so that you can use them to lift the bars out of the pan once they’ve cooled.
2. Add almond butter and coconut butter to a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Mix until smooth and combined.
3. Add egg whites to a large bowl. Whisk in almond butter mixture.
4. Fold in cereal until every piece is coated. Pour it into the pan and spread it out evenly with a spatula.
5. Bake it for 8-10 minutes until the edges are just beginning to brown.
6. Put the pan in the freezer for 10 minutes to cool and set.
7. Remove from the pan using the parchment paper handles and put it on a cutting board. Cut in 1/2 and then into 1/8s.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 108
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 8
Keywords: Low Carb Cereal Bars, Keto Cereal Bars, Sugar-Free Cereal Bars
If you liked this low carb dessert bar, then you might like my recipes for Chocolate Almond Granola Bars, Avocado Brownies or Lemon Blueberry Bars.
I’m not affiliated with Magic Spoon in any way, I just like their cereal. You can buy it directly from the Magic Spoon website. Having tried all four flavors, I can heartily recommend Frosted, Cocoa and Cinnamon. The Fruity ones, not so much. But these cereals are definitely worth a try.6