Finally, a soft and chewy low carb molasses ginger cookie!
1 cup almond butter*
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
3/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon gingerbread spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat together almond butter, eggs, molasses and fresh ginger with an electric mixer until smooth.
3. In a medium sized bowl, mix together sweetener, coconut flour, baking soda, gingerbread spice and salt.
4. Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet.
5. Drop rounded teaspoons of dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, 2 inches apart. You should have enough dough to fill 3 cookie sheets, so bake the first 2 cookie sheets, and then reuse one of the cookie sheets for the remaining cookies.
6. Bake cookies, until firm around the edges and starting to crack in the center, 8-9 minutes. The cookies will looked slightly puffed but will flatten and crinkle as they cool.
7. Cool 2 minutes on the cookie sheets and then transfer the parchment paper with the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
*If you take thesecookies to a party, make sure to clearly mark that they contain nuts. Most people don’t expect cookies to use almond butter, so people with nut allergies might inadvertently eat one.
Keywords: Low Carb Molasses Cookie, Keto Molasses Cookie, Sugar Free Molasses Cookie