This recipe for low carb and Keto Chicken and Asparagus Risotto is one of those rare recipes where the low carb version is much better than the original. And each serving has just 7g net carbs.
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
12 asparagus stalks, 1 1/2 inches trimmed off the bottoms
1/2 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
1 tablespoon ghee or butter
1/2 cup red onions, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups cauliflower rice*
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
zest from 1/2 of a lemon
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1. Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat over Medium High heat. Add asparagus and cook without stirring for 1 minute and then stir it around and cook it for 1 minute more. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Add chicken to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Turn the heat down to Medium and add butter to the pan. Saute garlic and onions for 2 minutes.
4. Add cauliflower to the pan and saute for 6 minutes.
5. Add cream, cheese, thyme, salt and pepper to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add chicken and lemon zest to the pan and cook for 2 minutes more.
7. Serve in 4 bowls. Sprinkle with parsley and criss cross several asparagus stalks on top of each bowl.
*It’s easiest to buy cauliflower rice, but you can make it yourself by either grating a cauliflower or processing it in a food processor until it is the consistency of rice.
Keywords: low carb chicken asparagus risotto, keto chicken asparagus risotto, paleo chicken asparagus risotto