This is a recipe for the eternally popular chicken tenders. It’s an easy entree that you can make in an air fryer or in the oven. And it’s a zero net carb food, so it’s perfect for low carb and Keto diets.
1 pound chicken tenderloins
1 cup buttermilk
a couple dashes of hot sauce
1 (3.5 oz) bag pork rinds
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup oat fiber
1. Mix buttermilk with hot sauce in a large plastic bag or resealable container. Add chicken to the liquid and marinate in the refrigerator for twelve hours. This step is optional, but does help make the chicken more juicy and tender.
2. Decide whether to air fry or bake the chicken tenders. If you are going to bake them, then pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. If air frying, then spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
3. Grind pork rinds in the blender for 10 seconds until they are the consistency of panko breading.
4. Set up a breading station using 3 shallow bowls. Fill one bowl with oat fiber. Fill one bowl with a mixture of eggs and cream. And fill one bowl with a mixture of pork rinds and parmesan cheese.
5. Take a piece of chicken and dredge it in the oat fiber. Then dip it into the egg mixture, making sure to cover all sides. And then dredge the tender into the pork rind mixture. Add the chicken tender to the basket of an air fryer. Repeat with remaining chicken tenders until you have filled the basket with a single layer of tenders. Or, if baking, until you’ve filled the cookie sheet with chicken tenders.
6. Spray the top of the chicken tenders with cooking spray.
7. Air fry for 10 minutes.
8. Or bake for 25 minutes, flipping the tenders halfway through.
9. Cut one of the chicken tenders in half to make sure it is completely white and cooked through.
Keywords: Low Carb Chicken Tenders, Keto Chicken Tenders, Low Carb Chicken Fingers, Keto Chicken Fingers