Aloha, low carb friends.
Today I’m going to share a new product that I just tried.
It’s a low carb chocolate cake mix put out by Swerve Sweets. As far as I can tell, this is the only box cake mix of its kind. And I have to tell you, it is pure gold. So I’m going to give you the rundown on how to make it and I’m throwing in a recipe for the raspberry sauce shown in the picture.
To make this chocolate cake recipe, you’ll need a box of Swerve Sweets Chocolate Cake Mix, 1/3 cup oil, 1 TB vanilla, 1/3 cup water and 3 large eggs.
Start by pre-heating the oven to 350 degrees F and greasing a round cake pan liberally.
In a large sized bowl, whisk together eggs, water, oil and vanilla.
Add baking mix and stir until combined.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until firm on top and toothpick in the center comes out clean.
Cool on the counter for at least 1 hour. Then run a knife around the sides of the pan to loosen up the cake. Remove from pan and place on a serving plate.
For the raspberry sauce, you’ll need raspberries, sweetener, water and Xanthan Gum.
In a medium sized sauce pan, mix together 2 (6oz) boxes raspberries, 1/2 cup water and 1/4 cup sweetener and bring to a boil over Medium heat. Simmer for 2 minutes until berries have broken down. Taste for sweetness and add more sweetener if desired.
Sprinkle Xanthan Gum over the sauce and quickly whisk it in. Simmer for two minutes to thicken it, stirring constantly.
Add 1 (6oz) box raspberries and mix well.
Using a sifter or a sieve, sprinkle 1 TB powdered sweetener on top of the cake.
Pour raspberry sauce over the the top and sides of the cake. Or you can serve the cake in individual slices with raspberry sauce poured on top.
And you’re done. In about half an hour, you’ll have a decadent low carb and Keto compliant, chocolate cake.
And the best part about this cake is that one slice only has 2g net carbs, and 3g net carbs with the raspberry sauce.
That’s because, unlike sugary box cakes, this one is actually full of healthy ingredients. The baking mix is made up of: Almond Flour, Swerve Sweetener, Cocoa Powder, Coconut Flour, Tapioca Starch, Baking Soda, Salt and Cream of Tarter. These are the exact ingredients that you’d use for a regular low carb chocolate cake, only all in one mix. So I give it two enthusiastic thumbs up.
This box cake is gold, I tell you! Solid gold.
Low Carb Chocolate Box Cake
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 slices 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
3 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable or coconut oil
1/3 cup water
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
3 (6z) boxes fresh raspberries, divided
1/2 cup water
1/4 – 1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8 or 9 inch round cake pan.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together eggs, oil, water and vanilla.
3. Add cake mix to the bowl and mix well to combine.
4. Pour batter into the cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
5. Cool for 1 hour in the pan. Carefully release cake from the pan onto a plate or cake stand.
6. In a medium sized sauce pan, mix together 2 (6oz) boxes of raspberries, water and 1/4 cup sweetener. Bring to a boil over Medium heat and simmer for 2 minutes until the berries are broken down. Taste for sweetness and add more sweetener if desired. Sprinkle Xanthan Gum over the sauce and quickly whisk it in. Simmer for 2 minutes more until thickened. Mix in remaining box of raspberries.
7. Using a sifter or sieve, sprinkle the top of the cake with the powdered sweetener.
8. Pour raspberry sauce on top of the cake.
You can also use this mix to make 12 cupcakes. Bake them for 15-20 minutes.
Nutritional Info for the Raspberry Sauce:
Yield: 1 cup Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Calories:18 Fat:<1g Carbs:4g Fiber:2g Protein:<1g
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Quick Low Carb Chocolate Cake, Quick Keto Chocolate Cake, Quick Sugar Free Chocolate Cake
If you liked this low carb cake, then you might like my recipes for Lemon Pound Cake, Mock Apple Coffee Cake or Toasted Almond Torte.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.4