This recipe is a fast cheap and out of control low carb lava cake. You can bake it in the oven or cook it in the microwave. Either way its’s a quick chocolatey treat with only 4g net carbs per serving.
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 large egg
1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a ramekin or mug with cooking spray.
2. Sift together cocoa powder, sweetener and baking powder into a medium sized bowl.
3. In a large bowl, beat the egg with an electric mixer until pale yellow and bubbly.
4. Beat in heavy whipping cream and vanilla.
5. Quickly whisk in melted butter.
6. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Pour into the prepared mug.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the top of the cake is set but still wiggly. Or microwave the mug for 45-60 seconds until the cake is set but still jiggly.
8. It’s easiest to eat the cake right out of the mug, but you can also remove it. Just top the mug with a small plate or saucer and then invert it. Carefully bang the mug and plate against the counter a few times until the cake releases.
Keywords: Low Carb Lava Cake, Keto Lava Cake, Low Carb Chocolate Cake, Keto Chocolate Cake