These chocolate protein muffins are a great way to start the day, or give yourself a mid-day boost. They are low carb and Keto and have just 95 calories and 3g net carbs per muffin.
2/3 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
2/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup Isopure Protein Powder or equivalent
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
4 large egg whites
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F and line 12 cupcake wells with cupcake liners.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites until light yellow and bubbly, 1 minute.
4. Mix the remaining wet ingredients into the eggs.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
6. Spoon the batter evenly into all 12 cupcake wells, and smooth the tops with your fingers.
7. Bake for 18-22 minutes until the tops are firm and a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
STEP BY STEP PHOTOGRAPHS ARE BELOW THE RECIPE
Keywords: Chocolate Protein Muffins, Keto Chocolate Muffins, Low Carb Chocolate Muffins