“Good mornin’, good mornin’, it’s great to stay up late.
Good mornin’, good mornin’ to you.” – Singin’ In The Rain
I might have found the very best thing on the Internet (video above).
It’s a mash-up of famous song and dance numbers set to Uptown Funk. The editing is just unbelievable. It makes you want to stop what you are doing and just watch old musicals all day.
That’s not in the cards today, I’m afraid.
But in honor of Singin’ In The Rain, I’m going to share a good mornin’ breakfast recipe. It’s French Toast, made with low carb cloud bread. This breakfast is filling, super delicious and only has 8g net carbs.
If you don’t believe me just watch.
Low Carb Keto Cloud Bread French Toast
This recipe for low carb french toast uses cloud bread to keep the carb count down to just 8g net carbs per serving.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 1:00
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- 6 large eggs separated
- 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unflavored whey protein powder
french toast coating:
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Using an electric mixer, whip the egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
3. Combine the egg yolks, sour cream, baking powder, salt and protein powder in a medium sized bowl.
4. Fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture a little at a time until it’s all incorporated.
5. Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan.
6. Bake on the middle shelf of oven for 50- 60 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool before removing from the pan and cutting into 8 slices.
8. In a shallow bowl whisk the french toast coating eggs, cream, sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt together.
9. Soak each piece of cloud bread in the coating for a minute before flipping over to other side.
10. Heat butter in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add french toast slices and toast on each side for a few minutes until golden brown.
11. Enjoy warm topped with some sugar-free pancake syrup.
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 428
- Fat: 32
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: <1
- Protein: 26
Keywords: Low Carb French Toast, Keto French Toast, Cloud Bread French Toast
You’ll need these specialty ingredients: