This recipe for low carb french toast uses cloud bread to keep the carb count down to just 8g net carbs per serving.
french toast coating:
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Using an electric mixer, whip the egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
3. Combine the egg yolks, sour cream, baking powder, salt and protein powder in a medium sized bowl.
4. Fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture a little at a time until it’s all incorporated.
5. Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan.
6. Bake on the middle shelf of oven for 50- 60 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool before removing from the pan and cutting into 8 slices.
8. In a shallow bowl whisk the french toast coating eggs, cream, sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt together.
9. Soak each piece of cloud bread in the coating for a minute before flipping over to other side.
10. Heat butter in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add french toast slices and toast on each side for a few minutes until golden brown.
11. Enjoy warm topped with some sugar-free pancake syrup.
Keywords: Low Carb French Toast, Keto French Toast, Cloud Bread French Toast