These Low Carb and Keto Country Style BBQ Ribs come together quickly in an Instant Pot. And each serving of ribs and BBQ sauce has just 1g net carbs.
2 pounds boneless country style pork ribs, dried
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1 teaspoon cumin
1 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoon Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 cup (4 oz) tomato sauce
1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons Swerve Brown or equivalent brown sugar substitute
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, as desired
1. Mix all spice rub ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Melt butter for the BBQ sauce in a medium sized sauce pan over Medium heat. Mix in remaining BBQ sauce ingredients and set aside.
3. Add ribs to the spice rub mixture and rub to coat all sides.
4. You can cook the ribs in the oven or the Instant Pot. Instructions for the oven method are in the Notes section.
5. If you are using the Instant Pot, add beef broth and the wire rack.
6. Stack the ribs on top of the rack.
7. Pour 1/2 of the BBQ sauce on the ribs.
8. Pressure cook on High for 35 minutes. Allow the steam to release naturally, 10 minutes.
9. Take the ribs out of the Instant Pot and place them on a serving platter. Brush the tops with remaining BBQ sauce.
10. Allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and line a large rimmed roasting pan with aluminum foil.
Coat the ribs in spice rub and place them in the pan. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 2 hours. Remove ribs from the oven and check them. They should be starting to become tender, but if they still feel tough, re-cover them and place them back in the oven for 15 to 30 minutes more.
Transfer ribs to a plate and drain liquid from the pan. Return ribs to the pan and brush with half of the BBQ sauce.
Turn oven down to 275 degrees F and bake ribs, uncovered, for 1 hour more, or until you can pull the meat apart with a fork. Brush with remaining BBQ sauce. Allow meat to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Keywords: Low Carb BBQ Pork Ribs, Keto BBQ Pork Ribs, Low Carb Country Style Ribs, Keto Country Style Ribs