The right salad dressing can turn common cucumbers and radishes into a thing of beauty. This low carb and Keto salad, is just such a one.
I had an epiphany about radishes this morning.
I’ve never been a fan of them, but today I learned their radishy secret:
They just need the right salad dressing. Add a little creamy dressing and suddenly they are delish. I had no idea!
Another thing I learned this morning: the band OK GO came out with a new video, and it is bananas.
These guys are famous for creating an enormous Rube Goldberg machine that was perfectly timed to one of their songs. And now they’ve made a new video, this time using a series of optical illusions. (below) It’s called “The Writing’s on the Wall” and it is fully awesome. My favorite part is at the end when all the people who worked on the video come out from their hiding places. And there are a hill of people.
But let’s get back to my new best friend, the radish.
This radish and cucumber salad is incredibly refreshing.
It’s got sliced radishes, cucumbers and scallions covered in a lemony sour cream and mayonnaise dressing. The result is a crisp and creamy salad with only 1g net carb per serving. Pretty good, right? But I am still surprised at what a 180 I did on radishes. I have been trying a lot of new things on this low carb diet though.
So I guess the writing was on the wall.
Low Carb Keto Creamy Radish and Cucumber Salad
The right salad dressing can turn common cucumbers and radishes into a thing of beauty.
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 12 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons full fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons full fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl.
2. Thinly slice cucumber, radishes and scallions and add them to the bowl. I used a mandolin to slice the cucumber and a large knife for the scallions and radishes.
3. Mix the salad well to coat each slice with dressing.
4. Store in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 41
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Fiber: <1
- Protein: <1
Keywords: Low Carb Radish Cucumber Salad, Ketp Radish Cucumber Salad, Paleo Radish Cucumber Salad
If you liked this salad recipe, then you might like my recipes for Lebanese, Spinach or Kale Salads.