I spent this morning thinking about Jello and disco, as one does.
I was thinking about disco, because a friend posted this picture of an old self-defense book. This library book had it all. The moves! The pants! The disco vibe!
And then I started to think about making a snack because just thinking about that level of physical exertion made me feel snacky. It occurred to me that Jello solves my biggest problem with my low carb diet:
Sometimes I just want to mindlessly snack on something.
But that is not really something you should do on a low carb diet. Those carbs just keep adding up.
Sugar-Free Jello is a weird exception to the no snacking rule though. It is one of those rare zero carb foods so you can go cuckoo crazy.
I wanted a little something to make it more substantial, so I added some heavy cream to the mix. When you add the cream to your basic Jello Jiggler recipe, it creates a second layer as the cream rises to the top.
It's two layers for the price of one!
And it should go with out saying, but I'll say it anyway;
Using cookie cutters to cut your Disco Jello into fun shapes is extremely satisfying. Not to mention safer than defending yourself while disco dancing.
- 6 (.3 oz) packages of Sugar Free Jello, any flavor
- 8 (7g) envelopes Knox plain gelatine
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
1. Add the flavored and unflavored gelatin to a medium sized bowl and mix.
2. Add boiling water and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
3. Stir in the heavy whipping cream.
4. Pour into an 8 x 11 or similar sized pan.
5. Chill until firm. About 3 hours. The cream will rise to the top, making two layers.
6. Cut into 16 squares.
PREP TIME: 5 MIN COOK TIME: 10 MIN
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Serving size: 2 blocks Calories: 121 Fat: 11g Protein:2g Carbs: 1g Fiber 0g Net Carbs 1g