It’s Saturday morning and I’m doing my two favorite things:
Eating dessert for breakfast and watching funny videos on the Internet.
The dessert is chocolate pudding and the video is the 1980 classic, Xanadu.
In the film, Olivia Newton John plays a goddess/muse who is sent to Earth to inspire a graphic designer. I’m not sure if he is meant to paint a really good album cover or open a nightclub. Ultimately he does both, but along the way he falls in love with his muse. Problem! Muses are not allowed to hook up with humans so it becomes a whole thing. The gods get super po’d at her.
But she can’t help it.
It’s Michael Beck, of Warriors fame! He spends most of the film awkwardly skating and dancing with his goddess girlfriend. Oh, did I mention that they spend a good deal of the film on roller skates? Well they do. And then Gene Kelly shows up. What?! It’s an odd choice for a comeback vehicle, but he plays the role with characteristic aplomb. Here he is leading a pack of roller skaters around the nightclub/roller rink. It’s the perfect kick off for one of the most bizarre musical numbers I’ve ever seen.
See for yourself (video below).
Crazy right? Those gangster mimes are off the hook.
But- so, about the chocolate pudding. I whipped up this recipe last night and let it chill overnight. The pudding comes together quickly in the blender. Unlike most pudding recipes, you can skip the part where you slave over a hot stove, stirring constantly. Honestly, this recipe could not be any easier.
You might even call it… Xanadu. (Xanadu-oo-ooo!)
Easy Low Carb Keto Chocolate Pudding
This recipe for low carb chocolate pudding is easy to make and tasty to eat.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 oz unsweetened baker’s chocolate, cut into bits
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 4 large egg yolks
1. Combine cream, butter, almond mild and arrowroot powder in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until boiling. Boil for 1 minute until very thick.
2. In a blender, combine the chocolate, cocoa, and sweetener. Add the scalded milk mixture and blend until smooth.
3. Add the egg yolks and blend until smooth.
4. Chill for at least one hour before serving.
- Calories: 367
- Fat: 35
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 6
Keywords: Low Carb Chocolate Pudding, Keto Chocolate Pudding, Sugar-Free Chocolate Pudding